Honing Machines Australia Wide
Single and Multi-Pass Honing Machines
Delapena Honing Machines
Aus Honing are suppliers of Delapena Honing Machines throughout Australia. Delapena Group produce a range of horizontal and vertical honing machines for single-unit and small to medium batch honing requirements. These honing machines are suitable for the machining of bores with diameters ranging from 1mm-762mm and bore lengths of up to 4000 mm. Delapena’s main emphasis lies on the production of precise, flexible and versatile honing machines with quick change over and precision control.
Delapena honing systems use a wide variety of tools and abrasives to size and finish bores of all sizes. The use of Delapena machines, tooling and abrasive products allows precise size, surface finish, roundness, straightness and consistent surface texture to be achieved quickly and economically whether it be in tool room/repair, or low to mid-volume production applications.
All Delapena group honing machines can be adapted to use most other honing manufacturers tooling such as Gehring, Sunnen, Nagel, Jones and Shipman, Kadia and many others. Delapena are constantly increasing innovations, productivity and availability of all our honing machines. Delapena machines also incorporate the requirements of today’s health and safety requirements.
All machines use a Siemens operating system allowing ease of service in the most remote areas in Australia.
We also offer machine upgrades to the Delapena range of machines.
Honing Machine Servicing
To keep your components flowing at their optimal condition it is recommended you have your honing machine serviced annually. This will keep your machine running at its best and avoid problems causing unforeseen downtime and loss of production. We will send a service engineer to your premises at a mutually convenient time to give your Delapena machine the service it needs.
Our service engineer checks items including the following
- Condition of the main drive assembly
- All pipes and fittings condition
- Stroke and carriage assembly for wear and tear
- Check gearbox levels and condition
- Service the friction feed unit output shaft, tension drum and brake system
- Fully run machine to test the functionality
- Plus many more
Onsite Honing Training
In order to guarantee production which is consistent in both quality and quantity, it is imperative that you have fully trained operating personal. For this reason we offer a range of general and bespoke training to suit your needs. There is nothing more valuable than having staff that are fully trained in the knowledge of the honing process and equipment to create the best results.
- A discussed mutually agreed course to cover specific needs and requirements
- On-site at customers premises
- Honing best practices demonstrated
- Set-up of customers machine for their own components
- Safe operating procedures for safety and reassurance
- Demonstrate optimal operating set-up to achive extended tool life with highest abrasive performance
On-site training for Delapena tandem line honing tools
- Introduce customer to their bespoke tool
- Demonstrate safe operating procedure
- Demonstrate the correct assembly and setup of the tool
- Show how to use a truing sleeve to give the best performance and results
- Train staff how to complete the work in-situ achieving the required results